Palazzo Cini gallery

The Palazzo Cini belonged to Count Vittorio Cini (1884-1977), a collector and patron of the arts. Between 1951 and 1956 he restored San Giorgio Maggiore and created the Cini Foundation as a memorial to his son who was killed in an air crash in 1949.

The collection displayed here includes china, ivories, books, illuminated manuscripts, miniatures, porcelain and furniture. But the outstanding works of art are the Tuscan Renaissance paintings that Cini collected. These include works by, or more precisely attributed to, Botticelli, Piero di Cosimo, Piero della Francesca, Filippo Lippi and Pontormo.

The Cini collection has been open to the public since 1984. Unfortunately, it is open only for a few months of the year, so please check before visiting.